In 1875, Archduke Albrecht, depicted in the large painting commanding his last military manoeuvre, had the room refurbished in Neo-Rococo, the only example of that style in the palace. His mother, Princess Henriette of Nassau-Weilburg, had used the room as her study.
After her death in 1829, it became the classroom of her six children, whose father, Archduke Carl, wanted them to receive a full education in the arts and sciences based on innovative curricula. One of the liberal-minded tutors he engaged was a botanist and music scholar who had trained as a lawyer. Many years later Ludwig von Köchel would dedicate his world-famous 1862 catalogue of Mozarts works to his former pupil Archduke Albrecht.