The Modern Circle
collecting | supporting | diversifying
ALBERTINA Modern, the museum of contemporary art in Vienna, aims to expand, diversify, and supplement the ALBERTINA’s contemporary art collections.
Currently, an exclusive circle of supporters is being founded following international models, dedicated to making new acquisitions from outstanding women artists, outsider positions, people of colour and underrepresented positions.
The new Modern Circle kicks off with the acquisition of the eleven-part drawing series by international shooting star Alexandre Diop (*1995 in Paris): „Symphony of the Ghetto“ from 2022.
Alexandre Diop lives and works in Vienna, studies at the Academy of Fine Arts at Daniel Richter and has most recently completed the renowned artist residency program at the Rubell Museum in Miami, Florida. In his art, the franco-senegalese artist deals intensively with black identity and black self-confidence and wants to create a new reality with his œuvre, because art, as he emphasises, is a way of existence for him.
Klaus Albrecht Schröder | General Director of the ALBERTINA
„I welcome and support the repositioning of the ALBERTINA with the expansion of its contemporary collections through the Modern Circle initiative.“
Angela Stief | Director of the ALBERTINA MODERN
„We are delighted to use Modern Circle funds to acquire the imposing gold-leaf series by internationally acclaimed shooting star Alexandre Diop.“
Become a member of the ALBERTINA Modern Circle and support the diversification of the Albertina‘s collection!
BENEFITS FOR MEMBERS
Unique museum experiences 365 days a year
- Exclusive invitations to events, openings, cocktail receptions and dinners in the Habsburg Staterooms together with an accompanying pers
- Invitation to exclusive previews of selected exhibitions at the ALBERTINA and ALBERTINA MODERN
- Invitation to exclusive curator tours, special events and artist talks
- Sending of selected exhibition catalogues
- Year-round access to the ALBERTINA and ALBERTINA MODERN with your personal Modern Circle card - also for accompanying business partners, family members and friends
- Travel to international art fairs and major exhibitions
- Specialist guided tours of the world‘s most renowned museums
- Visits to unique international private collections
Exclusive look behind the scenes
- Studio visits to outstanding artists in Vienna
- Meetings with stakeholders of the art business such as museum directors
- Invitation to exclusive artist talks and discussions with top-class collectors
- Look behind the scenes and exclusive tours away from the crowds
- A limited edition annual gift exclusively for members of the Modern Circle
Membership: starting at 10.000 Euro p.a. (tax deductible)
For further information please contact: